Located at the Balance Arts Center conveniently situated in midtown Manhattan, the Karl Kemp is an 874 sqft performance space equipped with a lighting grid, Yamaha grand piano, ADA compliant elevator access, four restrooms, lobby area, and a small kitchen.
Recitals • Large Group Classes • Conferences & Meetings • Screenings & Showings • Lectures • Rehearsals • Special Events • Photo + Film Shoots
- 874 sqft (24’ x 35’)
- Grand Piano (Yamaha 5’ 3”)
- Total Occupancy : 74
- Hardwood Floor
- Two blocks from Penn Station in midtown Manhattan
- Full access to BAC’s technical equipment. Redesign of the standard lighting plot available for an additional fee
- Technical support by in-house production staff
- Additional rooms for offstage dressing room, green room, coat rack room, post-show reception, and more available upon request
- Chairs, folding tables (4’ and 6’), linens, and coat racks available upon request
- Free Wi-Fi
- Kitchen access
- ADA compliant with elevator access to all spaces
The Karl Kemp Performance Space is named in honor of Karl Kemp, a dear friend and joyful benefactor to anyone trying to make the world a better place through their art. The Karl Kemp Performance Space was dedicated in March 2019.
Standard: $85/hr | $750/day
Nonprofit: $70/hr | $550/day
Same day: $55/hr | $450/day
Film & Photo Shoot: $150/hr | $1350/day
Weekly rates available upon request.
For Performances (audiences over 40):             $1100
3 hour dress rehearsal
4 hours for set up, performance, and break down
Extra room for green room/dressing room
Extra room for coat check
One front of house worker
In house lighting assistance
Basic clean up and returning the room back as it was found is the responsibility of the renter. The Balance Arts Center provides an additional deep cleaning as part of this package.
Extra piano tuning available upon request for an additional fee